The primary function of the Business Development Officer is to facilitate new business for Glenmede. The Business Development Officer’s role is to develop and deepen prospect relationships in order to thoroughly understand the prospect’s situation and utilize that knowledge to develop tailored wealth and investment management strategies.
- Business Development and Prospecting. Develop new business from direct prospecting efforts and referrals from personal network, intermediaries, referrals from Glenmede colleagues and centers of influence. Conduct new client/prospect research, generate leads and develop prospects, network to identify referrals to new clients/prospects, and assist with client events. Annually, develop a sales plan which includes prospecting and marketing strategies to achieve pre-determined sales goals. Utilize CRM to update and maintain prospect data and track pipeline.
- Client service. Assess a prospect’s current financial situation and assist in identifying appropriate solutions to help prospective client attain their wealth objectives. Lead and close new client meetings: Organize prospect meetings: organize the pre-call planning, identify appropriate partners to introduce at initial meeting and organize post-meeting de-briefs and appropriate next steps. Attend client meetings, as needed, to assure the continuity of the relationship to ensure client confidence when referring or adding new business opportunities. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and an ability to self-source leads are essential qualities for success in this position. A solid understanding of investing, financial planning and estate planning concepts are required. Serve as “team leader” to assure seamless transition of new business onboarding.
- Networking. Build a valued personal and corporate profile in the community. Develop network with the goal of introducing new business, enhancing technical knowledge and promoting the Glenmede brand.
- Firm Building. Active engagement in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives in order to expand capabilities, create solutions to unmet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team, office and business capabilities. Other duties as required by the position.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- Proven track record of progressive wealth or investment management business development experience; minimum of five years’ experiencerequired.
- Ability to be a self-starter with solid organizational skills and process.
- Strong business development and sales planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial planning, wealth management, investment management and conducting needs analysis conversations with prospects.
- Proven decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to use customer relationship management systems.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.