Req #: 180067102
Business Development Officer - Commercial Banking The Business Development Officer (BDO) will be responsible for generating high-quality sales leads for middle market bankers by engaging prospective clients in meaningful dialogue about their banking needs and identifying opportunities to create mutually-beneficial relationships. Responsibilities:
- Research prospects to determine optimal points of contact, stay abreast of key events influencing banking needs, and formulate a strategic approach to win new relationships for the Commercial Bank.
- Employ myriad tactics such as cold-calls, emails, event invitations, and targeted marketing campaigns to establish and maintain contact quarterly with a portfolio of 800-1,000 prospects.
- Develop relationships with qualified prospects with $20MM - $500MM in sales in assigned markets and identify opportunities to introduce bankers as appropriate.
- Pursue broad and ongoing Commercial Bank product education to remain conversant in the features and benefits of our full suite of offerings including treasury, credit, retirement planning, investment banking, and more.
- Align closely with partners across the firm to appropriately prioritize prospects, share best practices, leverage competitive intelligence, and evolve strategy as needed.
- Maintain thorough records of our activities with each prospect to ensure fluidity of communication with multiple touch points across the bank.
- 5+ years in sales or business development within the financial services industry
- Business-to-business sales experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly over the phone and in writing
- Comfort establishing relationships remotely via phone and email
- Highly proactive, persistent, tenacious, nimble, and creative.
- Undergraduate required, MBA or other master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel to markets and sales meetings as appropriate, 25-40%