Industry: Financial Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 301 days ago
The Asset Based Lending Business Development II Officer isresponsible for origination of new Asset Based Lending (ABL) business (CorpBanking) in the assigned marketplace. This positon can sit in a any one of the major Northeast Metro Hubs with the understandingtravel throughout the region is a key component of this role.
• Conducts prospect calling efforts from both external referrals and internal referrals across the bank including commercial, corporate and leasing areas.
• Develops relationships with new and existing customers through cross-sell of bank products to meet customer needs.
• Partners with underwriting and risk teams to structure deals and negotiate the terms and conditions of loan agreements.
• Presents potential deals for credit approval requiring in-depth knowledge of the financials, collateral, potential risk factors, etc.
• Maintains extensive network of outside referral sources.
• Serves as an asset based lending subject matter expert for TD, at internal presentations and external industry and community events.
• Coordinates the internal team to underwrite and close new Asset Based Lending loans including working with the underwriting, risk and other TD product groups (i.e. Treasury Management)
• Oversees the completion of the loan approval form including careful underwriting of the loan so that the structure meets the needs of the borrower and the bank. Obtains appropriate approval for credit under consideration.
• Develop, presents and negotiates financing proposals for prospective clients.
• Recognizes and understandsrisk/return and establishes and negotiates the terms under which the credit will be extended to include pricing, fees, cost repayment method andschedule, collateral requirements, etc.
• 4 Year Degree or equivalent experience
•7-15Years of relatedexperience
• In-depth understanding of asset based lending industry, business development techniques and credit decisions.
• Proven business development track record, with ability to conceptualize and implement effective new business strategies.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business.
• Strong credit and financial analysis skills. Credit training or experience preferable.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong negotiation skills.