The Business Development Manager plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail sales function. The role is primarily responsible, under limited to intermittent direction, for sourcing and placing candidates for the Loan Officer, Sales Manager, or Branch Manager positions.
- Q Assist executive management in developing an overall recruiting strategy for the assigned District or Region.
- Develop and maintain a business network in order to source qualified candidates for the positions of Loans Officer, Sales Manager, and/or Branch Manager.
- Prepare and report status of recruiting efforts on a monthly basis.
- Work with executive management and Financial Analyst to document business plans and proformas related to the recruitment of Branch Managers and a new branch office.
- With the prior approval of executive management, work with Human Resources and Supervisor to develop offer letters and compensation agreements.
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with existing and prospective Loan Officers and Branch Managers by promoting a creative, dynamic, and competitive image and reputation of the Company, thereby expanding the Company’s market share through the promotion of Company’s business and sales.
- Interview and screen applicants for Loan Officer and Branch Manager positions within the assigned District or Region.
- Assist Company’s management in the development of a successful group of loan officers and branch managers as employees of the Company
- Stay actively involved in the growth and expansion of the regional efforts which may or may not include social media, marketing, and branding campaigns related to employment recruiting of loan officers and branch managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of three years total experience as a high performing Loan Officer or high performing Loan Officer Assistant.
- Prior experience in project management.
- Expert-level knowledge of mortgage business, including overall mortgage lending processes and internal controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Limited to intermittent supervision required, depending on experience
- Moderate to high level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; uses sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities and in assigning work
- Travel: 20%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.