zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, WA; Reno, NV; Columbus, OH and Bethlehem, PA, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day - and we are just getting started.
The Business Development Manager is an arm of the Merchandising Group at zulily. The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and closing vital brand partnerships to meet the key growth initiatives for zulily. The ideal candidate has strong sales experience, has developed and managed highly complex deal structures and has built-in network of senior level executives and vendor relationships.
This individual will partner with brands to develop strategies that expose the zulily member to new and exciting experiences and products while meeting the brand initiatives of our respective partners. He/she must be highly motivated and driven by achievement, execution and closure, along with being creative problem solver, highly organized, detail-oriented and passionate about business strategy in e-commerce and the retail space.
The role will prove challenging, demanding and fast-paced, requiring juggling numerous projects and responsibilities. To succeed, he/she must be energetic, a team player and eager to jump in with both feet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Source, structure and close strategic deals - both short-term and long-term
- Present creative thinking and solution oriented strategies
- Conduct research and analysis for key target brands and/or categories
- Manage pipeline and revenue projections
- Evaluating brand needs and building productive long lasting relationships
- 5 year’s minimum sales experience
- Exceptional prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven success in developing and “out of the box” sales strategies.
- An established self-starter and eager to initiate and own new projects
- Achievement-oriented, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about being part of a tight-knit team environment
- Ability to successfully work in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Retail Industry a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- B.A. / B.S. MBA a plus