We are seeking a Business Development Manager. Based remotely in the US and reporting to the Vice President of Technology Enablement (based in New York), you will be a key contributor to the overall growth of our Technical Services business in North America. You will work with our technology partners, WPP Media Agencies and within the group of Wunderman Thompson (and sometimes broader WPP) to execute a sales strategy to drive revenue growth by driving demand in WPP’s current customer base and net new clients.
You will be a strong relationship builder, being able to identify new opportunities and educate the network about our technology services and implementation capabilities. You have a consultative sales approach and an understanding of the marketing technology space. It is key that you will be able to articulate value, inspire and sell the impact that data and marketing technology can have on transforming a business. As a trusted advisor, you are the person who will collaborate with SMEs across data, technology and operations to develop compelling solutions to solve client’s marketing problems.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Working with the VP of Technology Enablement, you will be responsible for securing net new revenue for the Technology Enablement Business in North America.
- Growth | Nurture a strong pipeline of net new opportunities that continually evolve.
- Ahead of the curve | Qualification and prioritization of in-bound net new revenue opportunities and Engagement of pre-sales resources at the right time via the PMO.
- Develop | Build relationships within the network including Wunderman Thompson, WPP Media Agencies and WPP sister agencies. Ability to scope net new opportunities in collaboration with PMO / Client Teams / Capability Lead.
- Expand | Expand relationships within technology partners like Tealium, Braze, and Attentive to drive growth for servicing clients on those platforms.
Who you are:
- Detail-oriented | This role requires a natural problem solver and someone who is inquisitive and enjoys creating innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies and big data.
- Communicator | Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Technology or Business.
- Postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the Marketing or Technology environment.
- Have hands on experience crafting proposals for technology and engineering engagements.
- Ability to strategically navigate organizations and work with cross-functional teams.
- Up-to-date on Marketing trends in data and tech and interest in data-driven marketing.
- Commercial orientation with some experience/interest in crafting statements of work and building pricing for service businesses.
- Comfort with presenting ideas to senior leaders in team and client meetings.