Womply helps small businesses thrive in a digital world. Our software makes it easy for small businesses to boost and protect their online reputations, engage their customers to make repeat visits, monitor the health of their businesses and performance within their competitive environment with data and technology they can’t get anywhere else. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the country, serving more than 100,000 small businesses across 400+ business verticals in every corner of America.
Our Business Development team leads the way for Womply by identifying, negotiating, closing, and launching long-term partnerships with leading payments and technology companies. Our current team has closed some of the most challenging product-distribution, data, and technology deals in the payments industry, including many with multi-billion dollar credit card processors and hardware companies. These partnerships form the foundation of our business and serve as the primary driver of our future growth.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development and Partnership teams. The candidate will need to have a strong familiarity and network within the payments processing industry. This includes major processors, merchant acquirers, and independent sales organizations (ISOs). This candidate will introduce and demonstrate our products to prospective partners, assist in negotiating agreements, work to close agreements, travel frequently to meet with target and existing partners to strengthen the relationship, and also be responsible for being the face of Womply to the payments industry. An ideal candidate should already have a strong network with payments industry executives. For success in this position, you will need to be able to continue to grow and help maintain our stable of partners. THIS POSITION IS REMOTE - CANDIDATE CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US (MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL).
In order to be successful in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and meeting with potential Womply partners
- Knowing the executive team at target partners and broadening your network within the organization to identify and develop champions
- Frequent travel
- Presenting at industry and partner conferences
- Drafting presentations
- Writing articles for industry trade press
- Maintaining relationships that you have developed and signed
- Negotiating agreements
- Being creative in developing terms and plans that are acceptable to Womply and the potential partner
- Be willing to get your hands dirty and get involved in all details of bring on a new partner and strengthening that relationship
- Be a self-starter
- Enjoy developing new relationships
You Must Have:
- 5+ years experience in a business development position
- A strong rolodex of payments industry contacts for merchants (Only candidates with this experience will be considered at this time)
- Experience building and working a funnel of prospects
- A proven track record of closing enterprise partnerships
- Experience negotiating commercial B2B contracts with buy rates, revenue share, minimums, etc.
- Appetite to travel to meet in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Polished presentation skills
Nice to have:
- Business development experience within the payments industry
- MBA or advanced business/legal degree
- Demonstrated experience and success in selling software or value-add products within the payments industry