Wintrust Commercial Finance (WCF), a division of Wintrust Financial Corporation (Nasdaq WTFC), is looking for an energetic and experienced commercial finance professional to help support our continued growth and direct origination efforts. This is an opportunity to be actively involved in the expansion of our central region sales team. Wintrust Commercial Finance specializes in loan and lease products secured by fixed assets consisting of property, plant and equipment including but not limited to: rail, marine, trucking construction, manufacturing, technology, energy, and healthcare.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services holding company based in Rosemont, Illinois with assets above $45 billion. Wintrust Financial Corporation is publicly traded under the symbol WTFC.
- Originate large ticket equipment finance/lease transactions through direct prospecting efforts.
- Assist in managing the customer relationship from initial contact, transaction award, credit underwriting and funding.
- Make daily outbound cold calls for new clients and manage existing relationships with middle market companies.
- Conduct industry, business, and collateral research.
- Utilize WCF’s existing CRM platform to build and maintain a detailed and organized database.
- Visit with prospective clients and existing clients on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate with our marketing team to execute database marketing initiatives to generate new business opportunities.
- Work closely with Vice President, Direct Originations to analyze, price and structure transactions.
- Help in the preparation of investment presentations with recommendations that exhibit thoughtful and well-reasoned decisions.
- Actively participate in training and adhere to established WCF policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5+ years successful track record in the equipment finance/leasing industry.
- Verifiable track record of originating and closing large ticket transactions.
- In depth knowledge of highly sophisticated finance and lease products.
- Ability to make outbound phone calls for several hours every day.
- Strong work ethic, hunger to learn, and desire to succeed.
- Confident self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in face paced environment.
- Strong written/oral communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using Excel, Word, Power Point, Salesforce, Capital IQ and SuperTrump.
- Ability to travel as needed to build relationships.
- BA/BS degree with preferred emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics.