TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
This Business Development position is primarily responsible for identifying and securing revenue opportunities for the GPS Well Data (GPSW) business, developing new products and partnerships, and growing GPSW business in a selective and strategic manner to align these new products with company goals. This position collaborates with senior level management to identify business and technical solution opportunities for new and existing clients and works to leverage the Well Data division by focusing on generating new business leads, including mergers, acquisitions, and partnership opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work strategically with key technical Client teams to identify new opportunities to increase the TGS well data products visibility in the Canadian market
- Develop new customers for company’s various products
- Work with core groups to understand market strategy and define future business plans
- Work closely with regional Seismic and Geoscience teams to capture new sales opportunities for Canadian clients
- Use in-depth industry knowledge to make key decisions
- Develop and sustain close relationships with clients to promote future growth
- Continually search for new opportunities, fully explore and understand organizations to determine available opportunities
- Facilitate close interaction and gain support from other TGS Service and Seismic teams
- Identify cross-product line and bundling opportunities
- Maintain ratio of 70%/30% client Facing vs Internally focused
- Participate in seminars and trade shows to promote well data products
- Generate quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting estimates, as well as weekly updates
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences, Geology, Business, or related field required
- Minimum10 years of experience working in the energy industry with specific practical experience in a similar role developing the market for a geological & geophysical products or services
- Strong understanding of production, completion, and G&G environment required
- Proven business development skills and/or sales experience within the G&G segment of the E&P industry
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of Canadian market
- Existing customer network in Calgary
- Ability to complete objectives and goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to develop and give oral presentations to both large and small groups
- Strong analytical skills and capability to understand complex problems/issues
- Understanding of business drivers, trends and client needs
- Must be willing to travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products