MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking a seasoned Business Development Manager to help lead the future growth of the company. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with Texas based stakeholders including water/wastewater designers.
This Business Development Manager will primarily manage our Texas based business development policies, process and practices, seeking out and supporting the implementation of best-in-class practices. This position will support and coordinate with Corporate and regional leaders to maintain the quality and uniformity of our BD processes. The Business Development Manager will also manage our CRM system, assist in identifying and positioning for new business opportunities, participate in strategic and budget planning activities, assist in developing and supporting pursuit teams, and serve as an internal and external representative of MWH Constructors’ business development team.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and their local communities, MWH Constructors provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and a full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, the Company’s multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects, including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and capital construction services.
- Support the day to day processes and function of the business development team (i.e., meetings, overall coordination across districts, CRM management, pursuit strategy, budget and strategic planning.
- Develop, seek out and maintain best-in-class construction BD policies, processes and practices.
- Coordinate with and support district leaders to ensure the district is using best-in-class policies, processes and practices.
- Assist in identifying and positioning for new business opportunities for core water/wastewater opportunities; screen and facilitate sales opportunities and growth through research, relationships, calls, conferences, and presentations.
- Participate in annual strategic and budget planning activities related to business development.
- Participate in water and wastewater related industry tradeshow activities to identify, coordinate and meet with prospective clients.
- Maintain positive industry relationships and work across internal departments to foster assistance as needed in sales proposals, presentations and specifications.
- Manage CRM system.
- Operate as a key member of strategic pursuit teams by participating in capture and campaign activities, writing and editing proposal and SOQ content, and coaching project interview teams.
- Partner with marketing team to develop marketing materials and tools to support business development.
- Educate support staff and new employees on the role of Business Development in the organization.
- 5+ years of experience with business development, market research and sales activities.
- Client facing experience developing new business for water/wastewater projects.
- Ability to successfully manage CRM system tracking multiple opportunities and clients.
- Fiscal responsibility in managing complex multi-discipline projects.
- Strong research, business, and communications skills.
- Strong community interaction and involvement.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written on project related issues.
- Excellent computer skills in search engines.
- Creative problem solving ability, negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, construction management, business, computer science or a related degree. An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be considered.
- Prior related water/wastewater design or construction infrastructure experience.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Flexible Time Off Policy (includes vacation, sick and personal time)
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.