In support of the mission to increase post-graduation employment and internship opportunities for Olin students, undergraduate, graduate and MBA, the Business Development Manager will identify, establish and build new relationships with key senior leaders in target companies nationwide to promote and impact employment opportunities for Olin BSBAs, SMPs, and MBAs. Supports corporate relations in its efforts to engage employers across the full range of activities (providing practica, serve as on-campus speakers, ICE, collaborate on research, enrolling students, etc.) at Olin. Supports Alumni & Development’s efforts to engage alumni in the region or sector to which the Business Development Director is assigned. Works closely with Olin leadership, Corporate Relations, Alumni & Development and WCC Director to identify alumni and prospective companies to develop new partners across industries and degree levels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel regularly to meet and build relationships with a wide range of contacts in order to open new relationships with target companies.
- Work with existing contacts to develop relationships with key decision makers in senior leadership in target companies.
- Attend networking events to represent Olin and develop new contacts.
- Generate relationships and partnerships with firms that will lead to internship and jobs, sourcing projects/clients for the CEL, potential leads/pitches for non-degree programs, and potentially students to enroll in our EMBA, MS, SMP and MBA.
Planning and Research
- Work with the Olin leadership including but not limited to WCC Director and Industry Directors to contribute to overall business development strategy through enhanced outreach techniques, identify target companies and key sectors where Olin would like to establish new relationships. Collaborates with other business development team members to implement plan.
- Provide in-depth research on market and industry trends to inform strategy.
- Develop sales pitch and marketing collateral for use in communicating Olin’s value proposition.
- Partner with marketing and communications on development and delivery of marketing strategy to produce campaigns that promote Olin’s value proposition to employers.
- Cultivate new, leverage existing corporate partnerships and alumni base in support of maximizing student opportunities for internships and full-time employment.
Olin, WCC and Campus Support: Partner closely with key stakeholders across Olin.
- Liaise with and educate industry directors and advisors to keep them informed of market and industry trends that affect student employment prospects.
- Facilitate introductions of industry directors to employers and other resources that can support the work of helping students.
- Build relationships to successfully connect platform directors, faculty CEL, and research centers with potential industry speakers, practica sponsors, and research opportunities.
- Provide consultation to program directors, faculty and curriculum committees to advise on current practices in industries and expectations of new graduates to prepare students for industry-specific jobs.
- Support Alumni & Development’s efforts to engage alumni in the specific region or sector.
- Ensure contacts and client information in the Olin CRM system is updated.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting cycle and prepare monthly activity reports.
Graduate degree plus and 6 years of progressively responsible experience in in sales, marketing or business development.
MBA strongly preferred experience in industry or top business school.
Salary commensurate with experience.