Viewpoint is looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive brand recognition. This individual will bring their deep knowledge and experience of the construction industry to identify new customers and penetrate existing accounts. Our ideal candidate will have established relationships with key companies and be involved in their local community events and associations. You are an evangelist for the product portfolio and future vision of Viewpoint.
Position located in the following cities: Houston, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, North Carolina
The BDM will support new and existing business, identifying new opportunities by successfully positioning Viewpoint's products and value in key markets to optimize revenue. You will develop extensive cross-functional relationships within the company, partnering sales, marketing, and product to brainstorm opportunities for customers as well as the products. This position will provide autonomy and your industry knowledge will be crucial for the success of future growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build awareness about Viewpoint's suite of software solutions within your market
- Conduct in-depth research and create growth strategies targeting a variety of revenue generating companies
- Arrange on-site visits with prospects within your market, either independently or with strategic internal partners as needed
- Work closely with marketing and sales to create messaging and campaigns to identify key prospecting opportunities and penetration within the current customer base
- Prepare clear, concise, and professional presentations to prospective and existing customers
- Able to attend and be a speaker at trade shows, conventions, meet-ups, and other industry related events.
- Prospect to build pipeline
- Influence and position the company and products as thought leaders to aid customers in achieving their goals
- Act as an advisor with sales, assisting customers in identifying various product solutions to enhance their business profitability in both time and revenue
- Ability to identify key stakeholders and establish lasting relationships to drive future business
- Provides market feedback and accurate forecasting to the management team to optimize the strategy and positioning of offerings
- Provides overview product demonstrations, both web-based and on-site
- Strong ability to understand customer pain points and articulate our solutions to the customer.
- Motivated by the challenge of growth and success
- Experience building strong internal relationships within a company to achieve success on all fronts
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits a willingness to try new things
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Represents Viewpoint with honesty, integrity, and professionalism
- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time, concentrating efforts on high priorities items first. Can prioritize and attend to a broad range of activities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information
- 8+ years of experience within the construction space
- Must be able to demonstrate a significant number of contacts and in-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- Experience using construction software, preferably with exposure to Viewpoint
- Strong track record of successful negotiations with high-level executives
- This position requires up to 25% travel. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.