The VCI Business Development Manager (BDM) is a field-based role and the primary business consultant and sales contact between VW Credit, Inc. and its dealer customers. The main responsibility of this role is to collaborate with all of the company’s business partners to leverage VCI products and services for mutual success. The position is a key driver in developing, growing, and sustaining VCI business - per goals set - in retail, lease, ancillary product, and wholesale and remarketing relationships with Volkswagen dealers in the assigned district. This opening will support the VW dealers in the Dallas, TX area.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to reach retail, lease, remarketing, and ancillary product objectives for the district each year in support of VW Credit’s business plan. Provide periodic reports on status vs. objective.
- Build trusting and mutually beneficial relationships with dealer customers as well as internal VCI and brand colleagues
- Promote and sell retail, lease, wholesale, end of term (remarketing), and ancillary product and service offerings of Volkswagen Credit and Audi Financial Services.
- Promote district, regional, and national programs to dealerships. Stay current with each dealership in order to identify opportunities and promote company products for mutual benefit.
- Provide feedback/updates to appropriate dealership personnel on the dealership’s performance on company sales programs and promotions in order to enhance dealer success and company goals.
- Coordinate programs, activities and communication between VCI and dealerships. Train dealer personnel as needed on company systems and programs or arrange for such training to be conducted. Manage access to company systems. Provide company and brand news to dealers.
- Develop and maintain an effective ongoing business relationship with local VW and Audi teams to ensure accomplishment of mutual goals and objectives.
- Familiarize dealers with VW Credit, Inc.’s (and affiliated dba’s) policies, procedures, forms and finance plans. Provide training and support for the retail, lease and end of term processes. Hold sales meetings as needed.
- Maintain account management responsibility and cognizance over VW Credit, Inc.’s secured wholesale assets; including new and used vehicles, parts, tools, furniture, fixtures, etc., while also providing follow-up on vehicle audits to ensure that discrepancies and exceptions are cleared.
- Resolve wholesale related problems, including payment delinquency, billing errors, inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Continuously monitor the financial position of existing wholesale accounts. Ensure that dealers are within the VW Credit, Inc. financial requirements.
- Counsel Dealers on a continuing basis, to ensure compliance with operating standards and specific approval contingencies; and to ensure F&I best practices and processes are adhered to.
- Collaborate with wholesale dealers on additional lending opportunities.
- Review monthly sales penetration and account performance with the dealer and finance manager/business manager. Review latest lease and retail programs with the sales and finance departments.
- Solicit new wholesale business and initiate the development of credit package requests and the coordination of documentation necessary for the adjustment in floor lines as needed to support current sales activity.
- Maintain an open line of communication between Region Management, and region office personnel; and provide the primary liaison between the various corporate elements of VW Credit, Inc. and the dealer organization.
- Assist in wholesale takeovers, equity verifications and other team activities as required to optimize the region’s performance.
- Serve as the primary field contact between corporate remarketing and the dealer organization to ensure optimum return on vehicles coming off-lease. Implement remarketing activities and merchandising programs, to minimize costs and maximize dealer involvement and commitment to off-lease vehicles
- Conduct monthly and annual business reviews of all wholesale accounts. Assist with equity verification at each wholesale account as needed. Counsel the dealer where changes or improvements are warranted. Develop recommendations for corrective and/or remedial action where necessary.
- Provide constant feedback to the region office, including collection of information and programs from key competitors. Data to be submitted on an on-going basis to ensure VW Credit, Inc.’s competitive position.
- Stay cognizant of financial industry trends and competitive developments.
- Update sales activities using salesforce.com – and various other reports
- Responsibly manage the assigned BDM budget.
- At a minimum, 5 to 7 years professional work experience
- Preferably in automotive financial operations having gained knowledge and skills in some of these key areas: business finance, sales, customer service and collections, and consumer or commercial credit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of professional automotive sales experience
- High impact written and verbal communications
- Professional sales
- Business strategy and planning
- Conceptual thinking
- Integration - joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiating
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Computer savvy, including Excel at a high level
- Sound understanding of business management and business finance as applied in automotive dealerships.
- Strong business consulting skills
- Advanced presentation skills with an excellent command of PowerPoint.
- Customer relationship and relationship-management skills
- Professional sales skills
- Knowledge of the salesforce business application or ability to quickly grasp and use key components
- Knowledge of automotive dealer business, accounting, planning, finance statements, P&L, retail sales and leasing, wholesale credit, and marketing.
- Sound understanding of retail and commercial credit principles and processes
- Knowledge of all company finance and ancillary products
- Ability to grasp, track, understand, and respond to company and customer key performance indicators
- Understanding of company and Brand goals and strategies
- Knowledge of risk management and audit considerations in lending
- Understanding of company’s business systems and reports
- Knowledge of automotive and automotive financial services industry trends, and competitors’ products and offerings
- Requires extensive travel, 70% or more, with overnight travel required at times
- Eligible for a job related company vehicle
- Relocation may be necessary
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.