The Business Development Manager is a senior level individual contributor responsible for the overall performance of all lines of the Rosemount Aerospace operating segment’s business with one or more customers. The successful candidate will build relationships with the customer at appropriate levels of its organization, assure execution of existing contracts and position the business for acquisition of new contracts. The Business Development Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to assure alignment of customer goals and company objectives while assuring clear communication of issues and opportunities at all levels of United Technologies Aerospace Systems.
Level of Responsibility:
- Represents the organization as primary point of contact for assigned customers
- Define and execute customer and market strategies
- Accountable for all communication with assigned customers
- Responsible for profit and loss performance of all business stemming from the assigned customer.
- Creation of proposals for new business including the validation of business case, alignment with customer and product strategies and assurance of technical capability.
- Lead preparation for all reviews with assigned customers including executive preparation, working level alignment and definition of message.
- Identification and mitigation of risks associated with UTAS’s ongoing and future business with the customer
- Define the strategies for acquisition of new business and negotiate agreements with customers on behalf of UTAS.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in a field characterized by technological innovation, heavy regulation, or highly competitive and complex customer bases.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Strategic leadership and execution
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
Negotiation of complex contracts with sophisticated counter-party organizations
- BA/BS degree w/7+ years’ experience
- MA/MSdegree w/5+ years’ experience
BS in engineering and Master of Business Administration preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.