Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing business that has quadrupled in size from $250M in 2012 to $1BN in in 2018 and has an ambition to double yet again to $2bn by 2022? Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic, diverse and high growth environment? Do you want to be the GM of your own high-growth business? If so, Unilever International is the place for you!
- A $1BN global business unit, setup as a complimentary “route to market” catering to white space geographies, channels, consumers and categories.
- Headquartered out of Singapore with 5 regional business hubs in India, Dubai, USA, UK and Korea.
- Fastest growing business unit within Unilever with access to a basket of over +100 global brands, 4,000 sku’s and serving consumers in over 60 countries.
- Our core focus revolves around importing and launching white space and complimentary portfolio of UL global brands in Discounters, Ethnic stores, national retailers, eCommerce, specialty channels, i.e. Travel Retail (airports, airlines, cruise ships, border stores) and Institutional channels (hospitality, educational, offices, medical facilities and elderly care)
- Setup as a lean, entrepreneurial organization with a laser sharp focus on “speed to market” leveraging a network of over +400 3rd party distributors/importers.
Our Culture & DNA
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
BUSINESS CONTEXT & JOB PURPORSE
The Business Development Manager is responsible for executing and delivering business targets in key consumer & market segments in the US through a network of Distribution & Retail partners.
- End to end Distribution and business development for all UL international categories (BPC, F&R and HC), brands and sku’s in Mass, Grocery and Drug channel in the US
- Incumbent will be responsible for building existing UI ranges and listing all UI NPD’s in Mass, Drug and Grocery channels encompassing 20 major retailers
- As the P&L owner, incumbent will be required to work hand in hand with UI distributors in the US to ensure delivery of top line, bottom line, market share targets and superior customer service.
WHAT WOULD SUCCESS LOOK LIKE:
- 90% WTD ACV distribution of Core UI items for channels in scope.
- 50% Distribution of all NPD’s in 12 months from launch.
- Double digit organic/like for like growth on exiting ranges through the implementation of shopper marketing programs,
retailer promotions, anniversary/gifting and winning key holiday events.
- Deliver sales target for all UI ranges through executing annualized distributor business plans
- Manage P&L – setting and executing annual/quarterly targets, promotional spends, establish the best route-to-market to maximize cost efficiencies.
RETAILER AND SHOPPER
- Provide sharp, shopper insight-based and retailer specific trade selling stories enable retailer sell-in
- Lead and execute customer and channel launch pans (6P’s) for all new product launches
- Align and execute channel and retailer investment plan with distributor team
- Manage TTS investments within allocated budget framework
- Work closely with distributor and broker team for on time/in full execution of key innovations and promotional activities to drive sales.
- Success will require deep understanding of market dynamics across key channels in order to develop the right portfolio, pricing and distribution plan by channel
- Develop and monitor market performance dashboard IRI/Nielsen Val/Vol share and growth by channel, market pricing, and competitor activities
- Ensure compliance with Unilever’s COBP, corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain highest quality standards, ensure safe working practices and care for environment.
- External: Distributor teams, retail buyers and merchandising teams, broker teams
- Internal: UI CD teams, OPCO CD/CCD teams, UI SC, UI Finance, UI Innovation planning and UAPL (Singapore)
- Entrepreneurial “Can Do” mindset
- High growth mind-set, consumer/shopper and customer focus
- Discontent with business as usual
- UL SOLs: Building talent and teams, Bias for action and change, Accountability and responsibility
- Strong Communication & Influencing skills
- To be successful in this fast-paced and high growth role, a minimum 5+ years customer selling experience in North America is a MUST
- Excellent financial, analytical and communication skills.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Ability and drive to work independently