TT Electronics is seeking a strategic and growth focused Business Development Manager. This role is primarily responsible for driving strategic, profitable growth by identifying prospective opportunities, developing new customer relationships, and implementing the Power Solutions North America strategic growth plan. This role is also critical as a point of contact for customer support, including resolution of issues and communications on existing and new business.
The ideal candidate will…
- Be an experienced hunter, who can pursue opportunities and cultivate and develop new relationships.
- Have an established history of growing customers and winning large programs.
- Understand the competitive landscape across market segments, customers, and products.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to facilitate informed decision making.
- Manage pursuits and new business capture, while gauging and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Identify potential pursuit opportunities, and through research and networking, obtain adequate information to develop and execute a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- • Identify new product and/or market opportunities as well as specific project opportunities with both new and existing customers.
- • Build, develop, and foster relationships with key customer decision-makers, stakeholders, partners, and influencers to pursue and win new opportunities.
- • Recommend capture strategies and coordinate the execution of them.
- • Align customer expectations with Power Solutions service offerings while identifying cross- selling opportunities for all TT Electronic PLC Divisions.
- • Assist with the development of customer pricing, quotes, and proposals (RFI/RFP/RFQ).
- • Coordinate with the internal organization from initial project approval to final quote review and quote follow-up.
- • Follow the course of all specification change activity to ensure implementation and appropriate cost change is captured and implemented.
- • Participate in trade shows and customer presentations.
- • Responsible for meeting sales and profitability objectives for assigned territory, markets and/or products. Lead reviews of new business plans with site and division leadership teams.
- • Completion of weekly and monthly reports and CRM data as required.
- • Serve in a key role in the advancement and execution of business development activities in support of the Company’s sales/marketing strategies and programs.
- • Provide input and recommendations on marketing promotional programs.
- • Ensure questions, concerns, and/or inquiries from customer are expeditiously resolved.
- • Other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field with a thorough knowledge of customer applications. MBA preferred.
- • Fifteen years of related Aerospace and Defense experience. Technical sales experience in selling electronic components with a focus on custom magnetics preferred.
- • Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of Customer organization; extensive Customer facing experience a must.
- • Salesforce working knowledge and experience required.
- • Financial acumen related to USG contracting desirable.
- • Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, using tact and diplomacy to maintain a harmonious relationship.
- • Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, emphasizing rapid fielding of capabilities, with minimal supervision.
- • Strategic thinking and analysis (pricing, market segmentation).
- • Proficient in software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- • Ability to multi-task effectively; excellent time-management and organizational skills.