Trend Technologies is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Development Manager to develop and implement strategies for revenue growth at our North America sites. Candidates should have the right blend of analytical talent, winning mentality, positive energy and business acumen. The successful applicant will be a team player who can identify a new market opportunity and has a proven track record in converting opportunities into new customer revenue. We're especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you'll be expected to interact with internal stakeholders as well as prospects and target customers on a daily basis. Preference will be given to candidates who plan to stay and grow with our company for the foreseeable future.
- To grow Trend’s business in North America across defined target market sectors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities, develop and drive strategies for pursuing those new opportunities via an established business development funnel.
- Articulate prospect and target customer attributes to describe why they are a great fit for Trend.
- Assess, clarify and communicate customer’s needs. Translate customer needs into specific, actionable initiatives within Trend.
- Attend customer meetings across North America as required. Gather and assimilate data, work with internal partners to develop presentations and other materials for customer meetings
- Ensure appropriate team comprising of Site / Global Program Management, Technical and Tooling Management supports customer technical meetings as required
- Build, maintain and nurture professional business relationships with customer’s staff, particularly in Category Management, Supply Chain Sourcing & Supplier Quality.
- Work with Business Development at other Trend sites to create monthly business development report.
- Take accountability for driving the sales growth. Align business with appropriate Trend capabilities and sites
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner that provides a positive representation of Trend Technologies inside the Customer and a positive representation of the Customer inside of Trend.
- Coordinate all prospect and target customer RFQ’s and Quote activity internally and with customer.
- Ensure clean data gets to the appropriate technical or quotes team. Own and maintain the customer data.
- Agree quote review and due dates, hold team accountable for delivering to schedule
- Facilitate quote reviews with Sector and Company leadership.
- Present all Trend’s new business proposals and quotes to customer via the appropriate presentation media (in-person meetings, webex, portal uploads etc).
- Follow up regularly and tenaciously on submitted quotes to assess progress and report out to management and at Regional Business Development Meetings
- Drive quote feedback reviews directly with Customer’s Commodity Category Managers and Purchasing staff
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business
- Excellent communication skills, especially listening and presenting.
- Experience in custom mechanical manufacturing processes; metal fabrication, metal stamping etc
- 5+ years’ experience with demonstrable success in business development
- Ability to travel, to prospects, customers and Trend sites, mainly within N America approximately 25% - 50%
- Reports to Market Sector VP
- Based at Trend Technologies in Elk Grove Village Illinois.
- Close liaison with internal stakeholders in Customer Service, Operations, Business Development and Quotes as they pertain to the execution and growth of new business.