The Business Development Manager is responsible for implementing & evaluating the 6P strategies developed by Customer Marketing for Neighborhood Pet Stores and Farm Stores; oversees the alignment of our in-store tactics with those of the Customer(s) to ensure we get our products into the store, off the shelf, and into the home of our shoppers cost effectively and more efficiently than our competition; and manges our 3rd party coverage relationship and plan. Principal duties & resposibilities 6P
Definition & Deployment
- Leverage retail environment and customer-specific shopper insight learning to build team expertise, supportselling stories, and exploit customer(s) opportunities
- Tailor 6Ps for Farm & Neighborhood Pet Stores, to the customer(s) formats, considering customer strategies and policies & customer-specific shopper insights.
- Co-develop customer specific promotional events and manage allocations, special packs, POP etc.
- Conduct pre- and post-evaluation of all activities along with Finance (results vs. objective, implementation accuracy and P&L impact) adding qualitative comments to communicate results to the commercial team, and use this evaluations to refine customer tactics.
Account Planning & Evaluation Proces:
- Build Neighborhood and Farm Grid based on 6P strategy developed by Customer Marketing
- Review 6P effectiveness and compliance to plan by Customer and 3rd party Agency and communicate feedback to National Sales Manager and Customer Marketing
- Conduct quarterly review of account plans and identify potential gaps against the company plans
- Support Gross to Net Management of assigned Neighboorhood Pet Stores & Farm Budget by ensuring compliance to volume/spend guidelines and identify spend effectiveness/efficiency opportunities
Commercial and Business Planning
- Provide input on retailer perspective
- Assess customer performance (shipment and consumption data) for Hill's and total category vs. benchmarks, by store format, to identify opportunities to grow total category and Hill's sales/profits
- Liaise with Customer Marketing to ensure monitoring of 6P performance at store level
- Liaise with Customer Service to maintain accurate Demand Plans initiatives
- Work with Customer Marketing to exploit available loyalty card and consumer-targeting opportunities
- Apply Category Management learning and techniques to day-to-day business and exploit of new opportunities
- Tailor new product sell-in presentations to the strategies and performance of the customer(s)
- Coordinate special events (sell-in, internal communication, materials management) with operations
People Development and 3rd Party Management:
- Provide daily supervision and performance management for the support staff
Education/ Experience Requirements
- BS or BA
- 7 to 10 years sales or marketingexperience
- 3+ years field salesexperience,
- 3years field management and /or Business Account Management
If you?re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, JOIN our team as a Business Development Manager and partner with our customers to get our products into the store, off the shelf, and into the home of our shoppers.
At Hill?s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Hill?s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive.