Third Derivative (D3) is seeking a Business Development Manager to own, nurture, and close all sales processes to secure our operating income targets. Currently, D3’s operating budget is funded by membership fees from corporate partners as well as by donations from philanthropic donors. As a self-starting Business Development Manager, it will be your key focus to hit ambitious income targets.
We are looking for a creative, structured, and ambitious thinker who finds ways to unblock challenging problems and move towards collaborative deal closings.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2021
- Drive all incoming operational income leads to successful closure.
- Develop sales pipeline tracking tools and provide D3 management with regular reporting on the progress of the sales pipeline.
- Segment and prioritize all qualified incoming leads.
- Build relationships with internal RMI and New Energy Nexus development teams and external sales catalyzers to drive new key partnerships and develop new revenue opportunities.
- Gather relevant input from relevant D3 teammates to develop and validate project and program budgets.
- Prepare and deliver pitch decks tailored to the needs and related value propositions of D3’s targeted partners and funders. You must be comfortable learning and owning the brand message of a complex organization and selling its unique value proposition.
- Partner closely with accounting and operations functions to ensure proper documentation and contracting of all closed deals.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the marketing and management teams in order to support the development of new communication strategies, new project and program offerings, and new lead generation.
- Work closely with the marketing team to take all qualified leads in sales-to-marketing handoffs.
- Develop and apply your insights to identify impactful partnership opportunities for D3.
- Minimum 5 years experience successfully closing a total annual sales book of $5million+
- Proven track record of prospecting, pitching, and closing open innovation partnership agreements or sales with large corporations
- Experience budgeting, pitching, and closing multimillion dollar programs to philanthropic donors
- Proven acumen mapping complex stakeholder organizations, networking to appropriate decision makers, and targeting each with differentiated value propositions
- Experience developing and managing sales plans and pipelines
- Demonstrable knowledge of startup accelerator and open innovation programs
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-motivated, driven, and resourceful with extremely high energy level.