- Build and maintain strong relationships with K-12, healthcare, collegiate and municipal clients.
- Secure profitable work.
- Help ensure clients have a positive experience when dealing with Ruhlin.
- Help ensure “Ruhlin” is a recognized name, held in high regard industry and community wide.
- Communicate effectively with the Vice President - Business Development and other Company personnel.
- Grow business through the identification and development of prospects from current clients, referral leads and other sources.
- Research, identify and develop client contacts regarding potential new work through research, phone calls, “cold calls”, promotional literature, etc.
- Maintain a “prospects” tracking system.
- Leverage relationships with existing and potential clients/owners; identify opportunities for additional business.
- Take a leadership role in developing key business partnerships; actively participate in industry and civic events to promote Ruhlin’s exposure, market share/penetration, sales, and corporate philosophy.
- Prepare responses to Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications with input from assigned project personnel.
- Prepare presentations in coordination with assigned project personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic marketing plan and the department budget.
- Perform business development and marketing activities for the building market segments.
- Assist with the development of proposals, presentations, and brochure materials.
- Prepare clear, concise, and informative reports, correspondence, and other written material.
- Identify new methodologies, technologies, and trends in the construction industry to keep the Company competitive in the marketplace, monitor competitors.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Vice President - Business Development.
- Communicate and reinforce the Company vision, values, and goals.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in A/E/C, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience with at least 2 years in the sales/marketing function, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, formulate and implement strategic business plans.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and sales skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of individuals including business owners and senior executives.
- Ability to travel periodically and attend meetings and functions outside of normal work hours.