The Business Development Manager will be responsible for finding and developing break-in opportunities for new strategic customers who are designing and testing advanced computing devices (e.g. AP, CPU, GPU, Cloud AI, Edge AI). This segment is our largest and fastest growing segment and it is crucial that Teradyne is in a leadership position. The role involves collaborating and working with multiple teams – marketing, engineering, sales, and operations – understanding multiple markets - mobile, automotive, cloud, consumer, computer etc. – and working alongside our customers who are small to large international semiconductor companies or Hyperscalers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research prospective accounts in targeted market (advanced digital) in US, Europe, and Asia. Pursue these leads and create a business opportunity for Teradyne.
- Develop strategic customer relationships with key target accounts in cooperation with sales. Drive engagement strategies and tactics, including technology exchanges.
- Present in industry events and conferences to drive our brand, market position in segment, prospect new potential customers
- Participate in open and closed standards and test committee to understand disruptive trends and prospect new potential customers
- Monitor closely end market trends, disruptions, and acquisitions to identify new opportunities. Generate frequent reports to exec team on market dynamics.
- Develop competitive differentiation through sales and marketing collateral and training of sales and field engineers
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
- 10+ years of business development, marketing and/or sales experience, preferably in semiconductor industry
- Technical background is preferred with strong analytical skills; demonstrated experience as engineering manager or team lead a strong advantage
- BS, preferably in electrical engineering.
- MBA preferred, or equivalent managerial experience
- This position requires a person with very strong leadership, communication, analytical, and collaboration skills. This role will require an extensive amount of integrating and visibility across all functions of the business and at all levels.
- Travel of 30% to be expected