Synack is redefining how organizations do security. We crowdsource background checked, ethical hackers from around the world and empower them with "smart" technology to create a solution for today's growing and ever-evolving cybersecurity demands. We are passionate about making the world more secure and our mission is to proactively help organizations defend against cyber attacks before they get breached. How do we do it? By building a team that isn't afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Imagine the possibilities at Synack - a company that CNBC named to their elite Top Disruptor list in2015, again in2016, and yet again in 2017 - #threepeat.
The Business Development Manager position is a role focused on managing and establishing partnerships, both from a business and technology perspective. This role will report directly to the CMO and will be a key liaison to partners within the Synack partner program as well as for new partners coming into to that program.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the research, strategy, planning, negotiation, contract execution and management of Synack partner relationships. In this role, you will ensure close alignment between Synack and our partners to optimize market potential for Synack’s offerings and maximize the partner’s investment in Synack and our customers. In addition, you will manage and develop both existing partnerships, as well as establish new partnerships, driving revenue / margin contribution, customer success and market leadership. Partnerships will include go-to-market partners as well as technical integration partners.
The Business Development Manager serves across Synack business units, facilitating cross functional team collaboration between senior management, product management, marketing, technology / development, field sales, legal, and finance to drive results – for the benefit of customers, partners and for Synack.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and drive key partner objectives between Partners and Synack
- Negotiate business and contract terms to establish beneficial partner agreements, including all aspects of opportunity and partner diligence, term sheet development, business case development, and contract negotiation
- Enable partnership success through programs and processes designed to drive revenue for Synack, in collaboration with product management, marketing, sales, services and other key stakeholders
- Work with partners to help support Synack’s marketing and product messaging through Synack’s events (exhibiting/sponsorships), joint advertising and other joint marketing activities
- Drive partner investment, commitment and support of Synack offerings
- Manage partner relationship throughout the lifecycle of identification/discovery, enablement, support, go-to-market, and performance against measurable outcomes
To win in this role, you need:
- To be driven, intelligent, great at relationships of all kinds, strong business acumen, cultural fit with Synack values, and able to thrive in a x-functional collaborative team environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience developing and managing alliances with successful and demonstrable track record in creating and developing partnerships and alliances, contract law, product management and/or product marketing
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements to support business and partner objectives
- Strong financial acumen required
- Ability to drive business case development, draft and deliver management presentations on strategic initiatives and new partner relationships, and lead deal negotiations to closure
- Demonstrated ability to drive the full partner lifecycle to ensure revenue/margin growth and the achievement of Synack’s partner strategies
- Urgency in driving results, with focus on financial terms/benefit, solution fit with Product requirements, and customer satisfaction
- Four-year college degreerequired; MBA preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communication skills essential
- Willingness to travel (limited)
- Experience with technology and enterprise software preferred; technical acumen and understanding of software or infrastructurepreferred