Business Development Manager - Survivability – Domestic and International
QinetiQ North America (QNA) is renowned for their survivability, unmanned systems, maritime and transportation programs. The survivability division is a world leader in a wide range of defense and security products demonstrated to enhance personnel and platform survivability. QNA is growing its sales team and is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for both Domestic and International markets. This position is responsible for reaching sales objectives for these regions and within strategic accounts.
- Proactively identify / cultivate new Survivability business opportunities and capture new contracts / orders.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment, incumbent strengths and weaknesses as well as current state of the art for technology solutions
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, industry trends, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Liaise with government agencies to understand emerging requirements, collaborate on development programs and capture funding for contract research and development efforts.
- Support Survivability business line managers as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Design and execute formal capture plans and win strategies; lead proposal development
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for orders, proposals submitted, and pipeline. Support business line short term and long term forecast development, technology roadmap and guidance on internal research and development requirements
- Interact routinely with all levels of management, QNA technical staff, and customers
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical/engineering field and 10+ years of related experience.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A proven track record of either capture or military program management across multiple DoD organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience with US DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Must be able to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong team player who fosters collaboration
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Demonstrated access to key government customers, defense OEMs and industry partners
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports. Familiarity with CRM tools such as Salesforce.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ballistic Armor Knowledge/Experience
- Ten or more years of experience in defense related programs with the US and/or foreign governments
- International Business development experience, Knowledge of Reseller / Representative agreements, and TRACE
- Leadership skills to develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- An active Secret (or higher) clearance
- 50% Domestic and International travel