Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Development team builds and manages a global partner ecosystem including device manufacturers, network providers, developers, and retailers. With a passion for action-oriented analytics, we work together to establish product, commercial, and strategic partnerships that help Dropbox and its partners grow.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing our most important relationships and ensuring their success through product integrations that create sustainable value for our users.
- Enable partner success through deal support, cross-functional planning, relationship management, and analytical insights to optimize the value of Dropbox product and strategic partnerships.
- Represent partners internally and Dropbox externally in ongoing strategic discussions with partners such as Microsoft, Salesforce and other Tier 1 technology companies.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing partners, independently managing the negotiation process from exploration, discussion, term sheet, contract, execution, and launch.
- Manage executive-level contacts with key partners, including QBRs and CEO/COO level meetings.
- Develop strategies and business plans with partners and execute against metrics and milestones to drive user growth and revenue.
- Lead complex negotiations with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with all levels of management internally and externally to strengthen partnerships and maximize benefit for Dropbox and its partners.
- Work cross-functionally with the product and engineering teams to define product priorities and roadmap; work with the marketing team to define partner marketing initiatives.
- Create repeatable and scalable programs for onboarding new partners to support Dropbox’s ongoing partnership strategy.
- 8+ years of experience in partner management, business development, product management, or management consulting driving user and revenue growth via partnerships. Experience with cloud services or SaaS a plus.
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume, process and transform large amounts of information into actionable insights.
- Experienceworking with complex financial models, understanding the various inputs that influence ROI and incorporating those insights into deal planning and management.
- Ability to review and analyze complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail; flexibility to accommodate global partners in different time zones.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfort with ambiguity, and excellent interpersonal skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor.
- Undergraduatedegree; technical major (e.g., EE, CS) a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)