SpotHero is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Strategy & Partnerships Team. This person will have the opportunity to grow relationships with strategic partners and play a pivotal role in identifying new partnerships. We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial business development professional passionate about growing business development relationships.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Build relationships with key partner contacts to meet strategic objectives.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, finance, and customer service to meet partner and company objectives.
- Lead efforts to research and prepare pitches for new potential partners.
- Identify, filter, negotiate, close, and launch new relationships in target verticals.
- Develop and oversee execution of marketing initiatives following the launch of new partnerships.
- Analyze and present results to demonstrate the impact of initiatives.
- Define all processes and back office materials needed to accelerate partnership efforts.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to team and peers in other departments.
- A relationship-builder. Well-spoken and well-written. You are a clear and compelling communicator in person, on the phone, and over email.
- A Doer. You work hard to make things happen and seek out the best opportunities. You can can do business analyses in your sleep - and know when & how to capture effective partnerships.
- Detail-oriented. You can juggle multiple projects at once and never forget to follow up. You know the smallest details can be the most important.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Business Development / Partner Development, corporate sales, or entrepreneurship
- Proven success developing and implementing strategic partnerships
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis results to senior management
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
- Capability to create and implement process improvements and strategic initiatives
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and numbers via PowerPoint and Excel
- Self Starter who thrives with minimal direction in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- BA/BS degreerequired, M.B.A. preferred