Job Overview and Responsibilities
We're looking for an experienced bilingual Business Development Manager responsible for sales of NOCOLOK® flux brazing technology directly to customers.
- Identify and follow-up on opportunities where to implement SOLVAY products on existing productions at customer's sites.
- Identify customer production issues (fluxing, brazing) and lead analysis in partnership with QM
- Work closely with R&D and QM
- Provide Technical support for the NOCOLOK® Flux Group Products
- Establish & maintain close working relationships with key technical personnel at customer sites
- Promote products and services to existing customers, prospects and the industry
- Document and share internally all customer developments related to heat exchangers business including designs, technical developments and competitive activity.
- Troubleshoot customer problems related to the use of the product.
- Assemble and present Training Seminars on Controlled Atmosphere Brazing Principles
- Document customer visits and initiate and complete action items as required.
- Maintain close communication and share information with other regional Solvay employees involved in Technical Service, Business Development and Sales.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with co-suppliers (eg. aluminum, lubricant, tubes, furnace, machine etc) to the industry in order to keep up to date with related disciplines
- Manage frequency of customer contacts and establish travel schedule
- Attend relevant conferences and seminars.
- Solicit the services of lab personnel in Garbsen and Hannover, Germany for special customer projects.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% to multiple customers and throughout assigned territory
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Technical Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical), Chemistry or in a related scientific field
- 5 - 7 years of minimum experience in a high level of knowledge related to automotive heat exchanger manufacturing process, aluminum brazing, materials and automotive quality systems.
- Chemical knowledge
- Understands industries specification process
- Excellent communications
- Fluency in English & Spanish
60% travel required to multiple customers and throughout the assigned territory which includes, all of Mexico (Juarez, San Luis Potosi) across the U.S. and Canada