Business Development Manager - Solar Energy
5 - 7 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
The Woodmansee Group is a Retained Executive Search Firm representing an established solar energy development and EPC firm. They are seeking a Business Development Manager for their Southeast Region.
This role is responsible for growing their solar business. Specifically, looking for someone to sell EPC services in the grid-tied utility-scale solar space to utilities, IPPs, and developers in the region.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can independently source project leads through their existing network of contacts. The candidate will need to be willing to travel to customer meetings as required and needs to be comfortable in a customer-facing role. The candidate will also need detailed knowledge of the solar project development process, and be able to filter through potential opportunities to identify those with the highest probability of closing. The candidate will also need to be comfortable with the economics of solar and should be comfortable working with project financial models in excel.
- Develop and execute a business development strategy for assigned territory that will meet target profitability and revenue goals.
- Identify target customers across the solar value chain, including a game-plan for how to connect with each customer and estimated timeline to closing opportunities with each customer.
- Grow and maintain excellent customer relationships to minimize company's involvement in highly competitive situations.
- Work closely with the rest of the business development team to ensure all potential project opportunities and customer relationships are being shared among the team.
- Work closely with The Company's Solar engineering and estimating teams in developing industry leading proposals.
- Skillfully resolve Customer-related, promoting highest customer satisfaction and maintaining profitability
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with like-minded partners in the market which can help promote the brand and drive further growth to the business.
- Effectively negotiate EPC contracts with customers
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTD SKILLS / EDUCATION:
- 5-10years of demonstrated success in solar project development and/or business development
- Market strategy – assess market, target segments and develop market attack plan to execute
- Financial acumen – solid understanding of economic value proposition analysis; project financeexperience a plus
- Ability to develop and manage strategic relationships and/or joint ventures
- Sound and logical judgement – can sensitively apply knowledge, skills, and logic to select practical, effective strategic and tactical courses of action
- Flexible and able to react to change in a positive, constructive manner
- Well versed in EPC contract negotiation and a solid understanding of key EPC risks
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Executive presence with projected credibility and integrity
- Team player with empowering approach to management – a servant-leader
- Energy and drive to maximize company value; passion for renewable energy
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
- Ability to multi-task and manage effectively in a deadline-driven, challenging environment – accurate and calm under pressure
- Skillful at cross-functional collaboration
- General management skills including appropriate knowledge of employment law, finance, and contracts.
- College degreerequired, MBA a plus