Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is a field based position responsible for maintaining and growing existing key account relationships as well as identifying and generating new business in Small-Medium Business (SMB) accounts with 250-2,500 end users within a defined territory.
The Business Development Manager's overall responsibilities include meeting or exceeding Revenue and GP targets; prospecting and developing accounts through a strategic and consultative approach and developing relationships with our strategic business partners/vendors to help us grow key/focus accounts. Other key responsibilities include: communicating Connection's NSP value proposition, conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, doing strategic project planning, providing updates on new offerings and services and serving as a trusted advisor. Typically presents to levels up to and including Manager, Director, and VP. May train/coach junior level BDMs. Spends 70% of time on established accounts and 30% of time hunting for new business.HR Use OnlySALESMMKStateFloridaRequirements
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include creating presentations, creating documents in Word to included advanced formatting, creating spreadsheets to include the use of macros
- Experience working in the IT industry preferred.
- Adept at proactively finding business opportunities within existing customer base
- Six plus years of IT sales experience with an emphasis on developing and growing customer accounts.
- Articulate with ability to express oneself clearly and professionally in written and oral communication
- Inquisitive information seeker with ability to ask probing questions to uncover root causes of problems
- Perceptive with ability to understand the needs and values of our customers
- Good listening skills with ability to receive information completely and understand what is being said
- Organized to have the ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines
- Quick study with ability to master a situation or learn new things with minimum direction or training
- Demonstrated history of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Sound business development and account maturation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Action oriented, with strong executional skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Works well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- This is a remote position with 50% travel to customer sites.