The digital service economy has transformed entire industries. From Amazon to DoorDash to Lyft, reliable, on demand service providers are winning in every sector and region. Companies need to focus on their core competence and find trusted partners to fill the gaps. Great product, a world-renown brand or a large retail footprint is a great start. But providing a high-touch, on-site engagement with consumers in every part of the country is still a challenge.
DISH has been at the forefront of each previous generation of technology, revolutionizing Pay-TV in the 80s, and again recently with the launch of Sling TV, the first and largest OTT provider. DISH saw the industry trends (cord-cutting, competition with triple- and quad-play services, increased consumer reliance on broadband) and boldly decided to disrupt our own business to stay on the cutting edge. Today DISH is again challenging convention, building our wireless future with the nation's only natively 5G network.
Meanwhile, our award-winning (JD Power #1) In Home Services team has diversified, becoming a "field service as a service" provider. Working with leading brands like Amazon, Samsung and Sears, IHS installs TVs, repairs appliances, connects WiFi networks and smart home systems, assembles exercise equipment, and many other things. In support of these Tier 1 clients, we are seeking great people to build out our Account Management and Business Development teams.
As a Business Development Manager - Smart Home Services, you have a keen eye for creating opportunity in this new technological landscape. You flex your networking muscle, display market expertise, and close complex deals to drive revenue growth for DISH Smart Home Services.
Communication and collaboration are your forte, as you:
- Manage new and existing relationships with senior executives in Tier 1 companies from our target verticals – this includes consumer electronics manufacturers; communication service providers; retailers; wireless network operators; insurance providers; and smart cities/municipalities.
- Work across multiple internal teams to identify needs, gather requirements, evaluate partners, and execute licensing agreements.
- Serve as a liaison between business development and legal colleagues to negotiate and close complex commercial agreements.
- Promote and champion strategic initiatives to senior executives.
- An In-Home Services (IHS) Team that ranked #1 in customer service by J.D. Power and Associates.
- Successfully partnered with tier 1 clients (e.g.. Amazon, Samsung and Sears), to diversify our base of business by providing a "field service as a service" offering.
- Boldly disrupted business to stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends (cord-cutting, triple- and quad-play services, increased consumer reliance on broadband).
- A strong commitment to challenge convention and build our wireless future with the nation's only natively 5G network.
- A long history of leading technological innovation – e.g. DISH revolutionized pay-TV, launched the first and largest OTT provider (Sling), and owns one of the largest wireless spectrum holdings for 5G.
- A four-yeardegree and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a variety of areas including new client prospecting, contract negotiation, and ongoing relationship management.
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated interest in technology and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with superior written and verbal communication.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- A verifiable track record of results.
You also have the ENERGY and NEED FOR ACHIEVEMENT to:
- Secure the best terms for Smart Home Services in the face of internal and external pressure.
- Do what it takes to successfully close deals and ensure success for DISH IHS and our clients.
- Understand our core business operations and effectively communicate our unique capabilities and the full value we provide.