s a Technical Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and working with Waters' global field operations to implement the tactical plans to drive Waters' solutions for Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development and QC. This role necessitates a solid and broad scientific knowledge of the Pharma business, coupled with the ability to understand the key drivers that lead to purchasing decisions, and to position Waters’ innovations appropriately in order to grow our business. As a credible candidate, you must have marketing experience, excellent presentation skills and be assertive, energetic, flexible and motivated.
This role is a cross-functional role, requiring the individual to have both a scientific and business background and the ability to influence and work across functional boundaries. This is not a sales role. This is not a scientist role.
- Conceptualize and develop strategies and technical marketing materials and programs to position and promote Waters' solutions into the small molecule drug development and quality control segments.
- Develop and implement business plans to support short and intermediate term growth needs (1-3 years) to maximize business impact by leveraging existing product portfolio and positioning Waters' right-to-win for defined workflows
- Assess customer needs and define portfolio gaps
- Work collaboratively across the Waters organization, with Field Marketing, Scientific Operations, Strategic Marketing, Product Management and R&D on current solutions and defining new solutions
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the competitive landscape, be able identify threats and opportunities in real time, and create action plans accordingly
- Participate in, and where appropriate, organize meetings, seminars, tradeshows to promote the Waters brand, capture mindshare and bring knowledge into the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in science-related field with at least 5 years’ experience. Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in related field preferred. MBA is desirable
- Commercial/marketing experience or experience in a customer facing role in Life Sciences Industry; prior sales experience desirable
- Knowledge of, or experienced within, the pharmaceutical development and/or QC markets is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable in Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and Informatics solutions or high end analytical instrumentation; hands-on experiencepreferred
- Experience in scientific instrument business or in pharmaceutical industry, including demonstrating successful leadership
- Experience working in a global organization and across cultures
- Evidence of good communication skills, the ability to distill and summarize complex information, and building good relationships with internal and external customers