Position Overview: This position oversees the current and prospective customer base of the Visalia Operation. Primary responsibilities are to ensure that current business is retained and grows while new business is targeted, qualified and developed. Individual will manage the Inside Sales Team and take responsibility for processing inquiries and orders in a timely manner. Individual will have financial and managerial skills to effectively and profitably manage the Visalia operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Manage, monitor and measure current and prospective business
1. Oversees and works closely with the Sales Manager to timely and effectively manage Key Accounts while identifying, developing and growing Target Accounts
2. Oversees and works closely with the Customer Service Supervisor to proactively address the requirements of our existing customer base while effectively qualifying and developing new business.
3. Ensures products are quoted in accordance with engineering specifications, drawings, CEMA standards, and fabrication standards
4. Monitors and measures monthly Inbound and Sales volume versus Budget values
5. Responsible for seeing that all Sales employees are properly trained to assure that processes and procedures are followed
6. Responsible for seeing that all employees are educated and trained to work in a safe manner and that safety is constantly reinforced
7. Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the productivity of the Visalia Sales Team and Selling Process.
8. Reviews shop orders and schedules to insure delivery commitments to customers are managed and any problems are communicated and resolved.
9. Reviews and manages Quotation Reports produced by Customer Service Supervisor to assure that quotation backlog is strong enough to meet or exceed Inbound and Sales Budgets
10. Plans and coordinates Inbound and Sales activity with Production Manager so that materials and resources are available to meet or exceed customer/market demand.
11. Reports to the VP of Business Development and Marketing and communicates and coordinates all sales and marketing activities.
12. Manages Sales Manager to develop sales channels and close orders that best fit with the Visalia operation
13. Responsible for ongoing improvements to Inbound and Sales growth, productivity, expense management, employee morale and safety.
B. Manage, monitor and measure the Inside Sales Process
1. Reviews CSR's, Estimator's, and Sales Engineer's engineering sheets, quotes, and orders to assure accuracy
2. Conducts a weekly sales meeting
3. Maintains sales reports, quotation logs, inbound and shipment scorecards and other reports that measure the progress of sales activities
4. Works with CSR Supervisor to conduct annual performance appraisals for Inside Sales Team
5. Ensures customer complaints are processed and resolved in a timely manner
6. Assists CSR Supervisor with phone calls, quoting and/or engineering applications as needed
7. Provides for ongoing training for the Sales Team by scheduling vendors to educate Sales Team on product advancements and/or individual sales training for each CSR/Estimator
8. Ongoing effort to enhance and improve the efficiency of our inquiry analysis process to more timely and accurately produce quotations
C. Take ownership and drive inbound and sales growth
1. Understands the current seasonality of Visalia's business and develop initiatives that bring backlog to Visalia during historically slow shipment months
2. Works closely with Western Sales Territory Manager, and Production Manager to develop methods to attract new business
3. Understands and promotes the need to maintain and grow Key Account business, develops and wins new Target Account business, and generates incremental business from the efforts of our Reps and Distributors
4. Develops and manages specific Target Accounts that have needs for Material Handling Solutions that are profitably manufactured at the Visalia plant.
5. Manages the trade shows and industrial and agricultural societies where we participates
D. Physical Requirements
1. Ability to travel approximately 30% of time (i.e. 7-10 days/month)
2. Ability to work in industrial and agricultural