Our ideal Business Development Manager will be expected to grow revenue and manage account relationships within automotive dealers within the Northern California region. This position will act as the primary RouteOne “in-market” contact point for both lenders and dealers. Our Business Development Manager must possess a sound understanding of dealership systems, credit processes, and online products as well as an ability to execute sales strategy, generate sales reports, and identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring service levels are met.
- Deliver on account strategy including meeting all timeline metrics for each account.
- Become the source for identifying new opportunities within the market and assessing competitive products and services.
- Assist in acquiring new lender accounts.
- Develop existing lender relationships and provide lender field sales support and training.
- Engage with clients in person, over the phone and Internet (e.g., chat, email, video conferencing, etc.) to close sales and support training.
- Increase application volume within RouteOne dealerships.
- Increase volume/revenue of eContracting, Credit Bureaus, DMS Integration, and other dealer-facing functionalities (ID verification, etc.)
- Collect feedback from dealers and lenders and become the “Voice of the Customer;” feeding the product improvement cycle.
- Represent RouteOne at conferences and trade shows as required.
- Assist in RouteOne deployment activities.
- Develop and maintain a contact plan for all accounts.
- Maintain an open line of communication with internal teams including reporting account status on a regular basis.
- Respond to client inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and services.
- Completes moderately complex sales with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of dealership systems, credit processes, and online products.
- Understanding of auto dealer and indirect lender processes and relationships.
- Thorough understanding of dealership technology including internet B2B commerce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
- Familiar with Salesforce software.
- Able to build relationships both within and across organizations
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Exceptional group presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a working understanding of company products/services
Other Essential Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work from home, Internet access, and the ability to travel (up to 50% overnight stays)
- 4+ years of sales experience