We are seeking candidates interested in promoting Anthem Individual Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage programs to the Brokers, Groups and Accounts of ageing-in and late-to-Medicare Retirees of Anthem’s current commercial book.
This is a unique opportunity for a sales, marketing or account management professional to help build a new capability within the Medicare (National) Sales organization.
This role will be primarily, but not exclusively, focused on finding individual Medicare growth opportunities both within and outside of Anthem’s existing commercial business
. Some experience with Medicare is preferred, but experience in the commercial group market is required in either a sales, marketing, account management or business development function.
Responsible for leading the development and execution of strategies within assigned territory that contribute to growth for the individual Medicare business segment.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Leads the analysis of current and projected product lines to determine optimal sales and business strategy for Individual Medicare Business
• Analyzes major competitor strategies and sales partner strategies (e.g. Medicare exchange partners)
• Identifies and monitors industry trends, changing patterns of competition and recommends response.
• Consolidates data, analyses and recommendations into concise business plans and proposals
• Coordinates responses to proposals and / or related business opportunities
• Develops and implements project plans and oversees execution of approved strategies and projects
• Requires a BA/BS degree; Masters degree preferred
• Requires experience in the commercial business segment;
• 5 years of healthcare industry experience in account mgmt, sales, and/or business development; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• Requires Commercial National Account and/or Commercial Large Group Account Management and/or Support experience
• Must have relevant commercial industry experience with at least 50+ lives - prefer experience in major medical/health
• Prefer Commercial National Account MEDICARE RETIREE and/or Commercial Large Group MEDICARE RETIREE Account Management and/or Support experience
• Medicare experience preferred; Group Retiree experience preferred
• MS Word and PowerPoint proficiency required
• Ability to travel up to 50% may be required
• Ideally located near an existing office