Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingThe Business Development Manager is exclusively responsible for winning strategic new business in the Retail Community and Specialty pharmacy market for a highly respected Fortune 10 organization in a large and expanding market with high dollar opportunities.
Field Based Representatives - Must be located in and willing to travel extensively (including overnight and weekend travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory. This role will be focused on prospective accounts in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire.
All Representatives must be willing to travel to events such as conferences, national and district sales meetings.
- Develops productive business relationships with prospective customers that build individual customer trust and confidence in AmerisourceBergen.
- Develops and persuasively presents customer proposals that meet the needs of individual prospective customers.
- Closes new customer business in each fiscal year in order to meet assigned revenue and profitability goals.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the entire new business sales pipeline to ensure that the time to close is continually improved and business goals are met.
- Works collaboratively with internal AmerisourceBergen business partners as necessary to sell new business and develop agreement terms that are mutually agreeable.
- Sells both internally (selling terms to decision-makers within AmerisourceBergen) and externally (to potential customers/influencers) in order to progress customer prospects through the sales pipeline.
- Ensures that each account is fully operational before handing off to the Sales Executive team for account management.
- Participates in required sales training that will allow the AmerisourceBergen sales force to continually maintain a consultative sales approach with all customers.
- Actively seeks additional training and professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed in order to meet sales objectives and travel extensively (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences national and regional sales meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Requires a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated and successful direct new customer acquisition sales experience including territory prospecting, individual customer needs analysis, tailored proposal development, and successful presentation.
- Completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong business acumen in areas of negotiations, pipeline management, verbal and communication skills, territory management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective customers to determine needs and challenge customer mindsets.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal business partners.
- Strong analytical skills; quick thinker
- Highly competitive and goal oriented
- Knowledgeable in value and profit principles
- Creative, focused, passionate, driven and disciplined
- Financially motivated