Business Development Manager - Retail / CPG / Manufacturing
11 - 15 years experience • Consulting
A Business Development Manager (BDM) drives new business development. This position will have a focus on winning new clients through sales pipeline development and management. The BDM role is technical, customer facing and accountable for the growth and management of business development campaigns. The BDM builds credibility to gain market share for the firm in the territory and is accountable for the end-to-end sales cycles with customers for given accounts. Additionally, the BDM collaborates with relevant industry groups and service line pre-sales teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success selling the portfolio of IT and consulting services to all levels of an organization especially at the CxO level.
Promote and sell the portfolio of IT and consulting services. Communicate and demonstrate the value the firm brings in solving business problems for customers.
Generate new clients within the relevant industry in assigned territory. With pre-sales teams, develop in-depth understanding of the firm's products and related solutions and knowledge of the domain area to craft solutions and strategy to align with customer needs.
Identify prospective clients and create the go-to-market plan for the identified territory based upon in-depth understanding of the industry vertical technology. Generate business from campaigns and plans to penetrate competition accounts, new accounts and build a platform to scale accounts into multimillion dollar engagements.
Achieve net new revenue, profitability, collection targets and the quarterly and annual targets across the mix of service lines. The goal is to close 1-3 deals each year to achieve salestarget. Achieve high customer satisfaction, references and case studies to support future sales.
Liaise closely with delivery teams to provide pre-and post-salessupport and assistance to customers as required. Develop and manage excellent working partnerships with individual supplier Sales People (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Pega and otherproducts relevant to the industry).
- Proven track record in opening and winning business at new client’s accounts and in winning new business from existing house accounts
- Proven track record of successful deals in the $1m to $20m range
- Demonstrated history of regularly achieving multi-million sales quotas
- Understanding of the sales life cycle including demonstrated ability to build/close a funnel/pipeline over an extended period
- Experienceselling a broad IT service portfolio encompassing consulting, applications development and maintenance, testing and infrastructure management services into new accounts
- Good knowledge of vertical market and key drivers
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels including at the CxO level
- Consultative sales style, creative thinking with a pragmatic approach
- Experience working collaborativelywithmarketing teams and internal key stakeholders
- Analytical and keeps up to datewith market and technology trends
- Experiencewith onsite/offshore model and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Results orientated and highly organized
A bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Business Administration or Computer Science. MBA optional.