My client is one of the largest early phase clinical research organizations in North America. As a leading, global, full-service CRO, they have extensive expertise in the execution of a wide range of Phase I/II clinical studies --- especially in complex trials in healthy volunteers.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing and maintaining solid business relationships with our clients in order to ensure long-term and successful partnerships with them.
Through market analysis, the Director of Business Development identifies trends and develops sales strategies to meet business needs. They are also responsible for generating inquiries from new and existing clients and prioritizing business development leads in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Identify and solicit potential customers.
- Perform market analyses for his territory in order to identify trends, develop sales strategies, and prioritize business development leads.
- Prepare for and represent the company at various meetings and industry events as well as with clients.
- Generate inquiries from new and existing clients and monitor returning customer accounts and proposals on a regular basis with the objective of maximizing the volume of work that is awarded to the organization. This is accomplished through proposal follow-ups and by pulling in the appropriate resources within the organization to assist in client interactions, as needed, in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Understand the quotation process and be responsible for issuing accurate and complete pricing proposals. Additionally responsible for ensuring that these proposals are maintained up to date and changes monitored accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring that all client inquiries and concerns directed to them are addressed in a forthright and timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all information related to the client’s needs and preferences are clearly communicated to all the pertinent internal departments.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the CRM database.
- Act as the resource person by helping the client navigate the process and internal contacts when necessary, as well as helping to mediate and address any business related issues.
- Responsible for the evolution and improvement of the group by developing and assisting in special projects.
- Drives/ guides the process leading to closing/signing of business deals.
Education --- BS in a scientific field; MBA an asset
Relevant Experience --- 5 years experience in a similar position. Experience in an early-phase CRO a strong asset
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; good presentation skills
- Good follow up and organizational skills
- Perseverance, self-motivated and strong professionalism
Travel --- comprises an important component of the job --- up to 50%
If you'd like to know more about this opportunity with one of the nations largest early phase CROs please submit your CV today!