Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
The Pulp & Paper Business Development Manager position will focus on growing business and improving Solenis’ market position within a specific geography or set of customers. They will lead the creation and implementation of sales initiatives aligned with the Corporate Accounts team growth strategy to expand our market share. They will be responsible for driving new product introductions as key component to new customer acquisition strategy. Developing market intelligence and provide feedback to marketing and technology teams as well as developing and fostering relationships with key executives and strategic customers will also be a responsibility of the Business Development Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree requried; BS in Engineering or Science preferred
- 3+ years in technical sales or business development experience
- Proficiency in chemistry or specialty chemicalsales
- Proven track record of increasing sales revenue year over year to heavy industrial customers; Pulp & Paper industry considered a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions, balancing customer’s needs and company objectives
- Strong competency in value-selling, using ROI financial metrics to achieve customer goals
- Ability to build customer relationships quickly; versatile across different styles
- Ability to influence others through direct and indirect methods
- Sensitive to new business opportunities and creative approaches to gain
- Business acumen and negotiating skills required for Sr. level customer interface
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of people in the organization
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience using CRM/Sales metrics to report, measure, and drive sales growth.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Requisition # 2017-6169