This role will position Black Box as the “trusted expert” as a leading technology solutions manufacturer helping Customers build, manage, optimize, and secure their IT infrastructure. The primary objective is to continuously identify, target and position Black Box to achieve annual year over year growth measured by revenue, market share and profitability.
- Create new business and increase existing market share for our PRO solutions within the desired target ecosystems (control rooms, video walls, high performance KVM, etc.).
- Demonstrate commitment to Customer (spends significant amount of time with customers; travels to see customers; and participates in events involving customers).
- Successfully position Black Box’s products and solutions utilizing Value Based and Consultative Sales techniques.
- Leverage Black Box’s domain knowledge and ability to solve problems in a complex signal environment (connection, conversion, switching) to differentiate Black Box from the competition. Identify Customer needs and recommend applicable PRO products and services for valued added solutions.
- Build brand awareness and application intimacy to grow overall wallet-share by getting Black Box products “engineered” and “specified”.
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with key stakeholders acting as Black Box’s primary contact. Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive sustainable long-term partnerships.
- Work directly and indirectly with End-Users to develop significant pull through business. Collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst End Users and System Integrators to ensure Black Box interests are protected and in a position with highest chances of success.
- Ensure relationships with Customers are well managed and that Customer requirements are understood and responded to effectively, managing priorities as needed.
- Provide Customer inputs regarding market conditions, competitor strategies and industry trends that drive real-time feedback into the business and contributes to the product development process by articulating Voice of Customer and User.
- Work with Marketing Team to develop sales kits, product collateral, and business intelligence to penetrate targeted PRO markets and applications.
- Utilize Salesforce.com (CRM) to effectively self-manage activities to insure success with respect to revenue and growth. Responsible for building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities and prioritizing resources that include developing early stage prospects and active pursuits.
- Coordinate with S&OP to validate forecasted demand, product mix, and delivery requirements are communicated and support continuous information flow within Black Box.
- Prepare and deliver monthly business reviews. Monitor and review performance against plan/forecast and lead in-depth reviews to explore variances and advise Black Box management on significant changes, developments and actions required.
- Provide input for the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic 5 year plan and participate in planning and review meetings.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required, in line with company guidelines.
- Professionally represent Black Box at all applicable tradeshows, meetings, trainings, industry associations, public events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
- 7 – 10 years of related business development and sales with a proven track record in acquiring new business
- Experience working with and collaborating with System Integrators.
- Experience with control rooms, video walls, high performance KVM, etc.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation. Driven by metrics and produces results that meet or exceed Black Box’s growth requirements.
- Creates profitable growth by identifying opportunities to develop and market new products, services or solutions.
- Combines strong hunting and networking instincts with the ability to develop and manage long-term business relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Can establish and build collaborative relationships and has ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to execute tactically. Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely, appropriate recommendations and implements appropriate plans.
- Personal leadership style that desires to continuously improve. Accepts feedback, understands and maximizes strengths while working to develop weaknesses. Ability to develop learning/understanding of new products and technologies.
- Leads with a strong set of values. Maintain high ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.