Ormat serves the changing world of electricity generation, distributed generation and demand management by enabling a comprehensive umbrella of solutions starting from energy and demand response management and energy storage systems. We provide grid operators with the power to enhance grid performance, stability and responsiveness – while delivering capacity at the right time and the right price.
We also provide commercial, industrial and municipality clients with reliability and power quality solutions as well as peak shaving and demand charge management solutions to lower their utility bill and, in the unregulated markets, provide ancillary market services to generate revenue.
Leveraging the skills of Ormat Technologies and Viridity Energy Solutions teams of energy solutions and storage experts, we have an extensive track record of successfully delivering projects in the US electricity markets.
The position is responsible for leading or supporting project development and/or sales, providing coordination between departments to move projects forward, collecting business intelligence and gathering and providing in-depth reporting and information to company stakeholders.
- Responsible for assisting the Company in seeking out and developing new business opportunities for sales and/or project development, including permitting, interconnection, transmission, power purchase agreements and/or EPC agreements
- Responsible for strengthening and maintaining relationships with key customers
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with state agencies, transmission providers, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Responsible for leading or supporting the promotion of the Company's objectives with policy-makers and regulatory agencies at state and local levels
- Responsible for proposal management
- Responsible for representing the Company in local and international conferences and trade shows
- Periodic monitoring and reporting on all projects and prospects under development
- Track and analyze the Company's competitive environment, including new technologies and new competitors
- Responsible for coordinating Business Development activities between various departments and stakeholders
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science or other related field
- 3–7 years' experience in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Project Development or a relevant field
- The ability to lead key short-term and long-term projects
- The ability to travel up to 40% nationally and internationally
- The ability to travel long distances by car and air
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- The ability and proven track record to maintain confidentiality and deal with company proprietary information
- Must be able to communicate with other employees and read and write at a level that will enable to perform the work in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and use of the Internet
- Must possess at any time a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT's auto insurance carrier
- The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.