The purpose of this position is to establish and grow originations across the intermediary network. We are seeking a self-motivated, customer focused individual who has a genuine passion for helping small business and a proven track record in delivering sales growth. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in originating, structuring and closing commercial transactions which deliver a “win / win” outcome.
You will originate and pre-qualify new business opportunities and work closely with internal stakeholders to monitor and assess how loans are managed through the funnel.
As Business Development Manager, you will:
- Source and onboard new partners for our Partner Referral and Funding Advisor Programs.
- Identify strategic verticals that align with our current product offerings and you will use your Business Development skills to acquire and manage top tier referral sources.
- Potential vertical markets could include accountants, asset finance companies, mortgage/loan/working capital brokers, factoring/leasing companies, insurance agents, and/or vendor programs.
- Utilize LinkedIn, Advertising, Association list calling, old contacts, and networking to acquire new partners for the programs.
- Ensure 100% compliance with the accreditation and onboarding process for all intermediaries.
- Build education tools in coordination with Marketing to help partners understand and maximize the opportunity to work with OnDeck. Conduct webinars to train and educate partners on our products.
- Work closely with the Partnership team and Sales to maximize opportunities from our strategic alliance partners.
- Be accountable for monthly target numbers as well as the longer term success of the channel.
- Maintain a strong awareness on key industry trends and become a subject matter expert when engaging with partners and brokers.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team in forecasting pipeline growth, sales activity and revenue achievements.
- Use sales force to track activities and manage contacts.
Qualifications for success:
- Undergraduatedegree in commerce, finance, economics, marketing from an accredited institution.
- 8+ years of business development and B2B salesexperience, with prior work and network in Financial Services (funding advisors, mortgage/loan working capital brokers, credit unions, insurance agencies, accounting firms, leasing, factoring, merchant processing, payroll services, etc.) required.
- Candidates with existing book of business and networks is required.
- Knowledge of indirect and broker channels in Canada is required.
- Strong knowledge of alternative assets, debt financing, small business lending.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in creating new business opportunities and driving revenue from both cold and warm leads.
- Relationships and experience in selling through multiple vertical markets is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding relationship builder: strong sales skills and strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable in developing their own success.
- Enjoys change and is flexible to the needs of the business as it grows, and in return is provided with an opportunity to grow and progress.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal) and ability to interact with senior leadership, C-level management/customers.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage and drive multiple priorities.
- Prior use of Salesforce is a plus but is not mandatory.
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.