Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and security. We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a business development/sales professional with a background in identifying and building business within the health care data management domain.
MSA's Life Sciences Division provides health care data, software and service solutions to hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, research organizations and other companies dealing with complex health care challenges.
This position requires prior experience and demonstrated ability to sell health care data management solutions and products. The successful candidate will have excellent business development and communication skills, experience selling anonymized patient level data solutions, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand, configure, position, and sell health care data management solutions and products
- Focus on business development, including finding new target markets/segments and programs for new and incremental business
- Develop, execute and maintain strategic and tactical sales process, plans and materials
- Deliver consultative sales that illustrates expert knowledge
- Produce solution overview proposals, and respond to RFPs
- Identify and manage trade shows and other venues to grow brand recognition and expand pipeline
- Identify and help develop new or related products and solutions which draw upon core competencies of data, data security, data de-identification, data management, and data analysis
- Responsible for identifying, developing and closing incremental business
- Four-year degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Health Care, Health Informatics, or related discipline; MBA or related MS degree may substitute for two years of experience
- Minimum five years of business development experience with health care data, analytics, and data management solutions, preferably utilizing anonymous patient data
- Demonstrated communication and business development skills with the ability to translate & converse about technical and analytical issues to technical & non-technical prospects
- Ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations and written documents of the highest quality under tight deadlines
- Ability to develop, gain support for, execute and expand revenue-producing sales efforts
- Ability to anticipate and help clients articulate their own business needs and translate into sales opportunities