More information about this job
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are vital, with attention to detail equally important. The Business Development Manager will partner with the High Voltage Transmission project team to produce high quality, professional work product performed with initiative, productivity, a positive attitude and behavior.
Manage the positioning activities of the business development team
- Participate in strategic business planning; developing strategic positioning plan for company and project pursuits to win work
- Collaborate with marketing to create and produce internal and external communications, marketing/branding/advertising materials and presentations
- Coordinate prequalification efforts with targeted customers and partners
- Initiate customer feedback on proposals and presentations
- Function as the liaison between business development, pre-construction, operations, engineering and marketing
- Work with team, specifically the marketing manager, to provide insight into market sectors; perform market trends analysis
Establish and nurture strategic business partnerships and customer relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners including, but not limited to: targeted customers, partner companies, community leaders, utilities, equipment manufacturers, and engineering firms
- Identify new market sector opportunities and potential future customers and convert them to contacts for market sector leaders
- Become familiar with customer’s project estimates to facilitate discussion with customer
- Complete Request for Proposals with 100% accuracy and compliance with the owner’s specifications
- Responsible for maintaining CRM database to track and monitor all opportunities and the associated data. Report to business development executives and support other operating group leadership.
Play an integral role with the development team
- Take work direction, utilize training, and complete performance reviews
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success
- Proven customer relationship building skills, with developed local/regional business knowledge and relationships
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful marketing strategies
- Detail orientation sufficient for data entry, reporting, financial projections for sales and selections, and market analysis
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent CRM web application skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Minimum five years prior business development experience
- Current driver’s license
- Travel of up to 30% of time may be necessary to fulfill the objectives of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of North American transmission market and the participants, specifically utilities and independent transmission providers
- Proficient in power delivery, specifically substation and transmission line design, procurement and construction
- Industry-related business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, Marketing, Engineering or a related field