We are searching for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for managing the sales and business development activities for the assigned division and/or product line, reporting to the Space Sector Business Development Manager. The incumbent is required to grow new business opportunities for Moog Broad Reach as well as to be a key member of the management team to execute the site strategy in support of group and corporate objectives.
Principal Accountabilities Include:
- Direct and guide all business Development Activities
- Work closely with the Space Sector Business Development Manager (GM) and the Director of Engineering for new pursuits, growth strategy and IRAD strategy.
- Responsible for market intelligence to support ROM pursuits by:
- Guiding Space Sector Business Development Manager, GM and Engineering Director conversations for Bid/No Bid discussions
- Manage the Bid/No Bid process
- Once the ROM pursuit decision is complete, work closely with the Director of Engineering and the GM for customer engagement as well as short and long term win strategies.
- Assist the Director of Engineering and guide the applicable leadership team members in discussions around Alchemy of Growth Horizon 1-3 pursuits.
- Foster customer intimacy at every level of engagement.
- Manage customer engagement at all levels and coordinate the use of the GM, Director of Engineering and Operations Section Head to support these activities.
- Work with the Accounting Manager and GM to develop accurate sales forecasts
What you'll need in order to be considered:
- Proven experience in procuring new business for space industry contractors.
- 10+ years' working in the space industry
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a technical field
- MBA highly desired
- US Citizenship