Moog Inc. designs and manufactures high-end technical components on a global scale. Some of the amazing products we produce include motors, actuators, slip rings, fiber optic rotary joints, medical devices, and integrated assemblies. The work we do matters here in Blacksburg, VA, as does every single person who works with us.
Business Development Manager
- Imagine working alongside people who love tackling difficult and interesting challenges and who respect your contribution to the team.
- Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
- Imagine working for an organization dedicated to helping you live the life you want—inside and outside of work.
The Asia-Pacific Business Development Manager will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our customers. You’ll be responsible for developing strategic relationships with a portfolio of established customers and connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. In this critical role, you’ll liaise between customers and cross-functional teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer requirements.
In this position you’ll be expected to:
- Be responsible for implementation of business strategies and continuous improvement.
- Take the lead as the proposal manager for key proposal activities.
- Be responsible for managing the sales and business development activities to support overall territory growth.
- Establish and manage a bookings forecasts.
- Promote a common understanding of Moog products and technologies throughout various markets.
- Provide marketing analysis as appropriate to help guide continued refinement of business strategy, product and technology roadmaps.
- Improve profitability and customer satisfaction on new and recurring sales by creating alignment of sales objectives and operations’ capability.
In addition to the above experience you’ll need:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or business,
- A minimum of 5 years direct technical salesexperience. Additional experience in a technical role is desired.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching/training others in a technical field.
- Proven general capabilities in facilitating change, planning and organizing, customer focus and building successful teams.
- Proven specific capabilities in the technical and professional skill of Proposal Management & Project Management Process Facilitation.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
As this position will support business pursuits of new markets, new customers and new saleschannels, a strong level of demonstrated prospecting skills are required to help business unit leadership identify, prioritize and pursue new growth areas. Given the development and expected growth of international sales & proposal efforts, a solid understanding of ITAR and export regulations is needed.
You can do this!
Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trust each other to do the right thing. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.