Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager to increase revenue, market share and manage profitability within Temp-Flex, as part of the Molex Copper Solutions Business Unit. The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing business plans, product solutions, and driving sales, and meeting customer needs to reach the expected growth levels of the business. This role will lead the development project for the high performance coaxial cable product line with engineers in the plant.
- Works in our South Grafton location, managing all strategic activities within assigned core accounts and markets. Works with other areas of the organization to provide technical, sales, quality, and service support as needed. Keeps the organization informed of trends, current/future opportunities, and needs at specific accounts and key markets.
- Leads the development project for the high performance coaxial cable product line with engineers in the plant.
- Works closely with Molex Sales Engineers globally, to include training, joint account sales calls, lead generation, technical support, and key account follow up.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned markets. This is to include active participation in CAPEX, costing, and pricing analysis for justification of major programs.
- Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological direction at customers.
- Services customers by identifying current and future needs, building relationships, promoting products and technologies. Works with other departments to solve problems as they relate to pricing, delivery and quality.
- Prepares reports and tracking documents (TF Opportunity Log) relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting revenue and profit results.
- Serves as an expert in areas of technology, product needs, market segments, and business processes. Holds product seminars, creates presentations, attends trade shows, provides training and technical support.
- Assists and coordinates the preparation of technical support documentation, product promotion materials, and qualification and testing documents necessary to meet customer or program needs, objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or technical discipline such as Engineering; or 7+ years of sales or marketing experience in cable products used in automotive, medical, automated test and measurement, military or aerospace or closely related industries.
- 5+ years’ sales or marketing experience in cable products used in automotive, medical, automated test and measurement, military or aerospace or closely related industries.
- 2+ years sales or marketing experience in cable in a remote or field-based position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1+ years of sales experience in RF/Microwave Cable/ Cable Assembly field
- 1+years’ experience working in the automotive cable market.
- 2+ years’ experience product or project management experience.
- 1+ years’ experience using SAP.
Skills and Abilities:
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to all situations.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Superior PC skills in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Travel is required (35%-45%), primary travel will be within the US, however international travel to customers, suppliers and plants globally is also required as needed.
- Office will be at the Temp-Flex plant in South Grafton, MA