Increase revenue and market share of Molex Connected Enterprise Solutions (CES) by working with end-users, specifiers and other influencers to create opportunities for Molex installers to sell Molex Structured Cabling Systems. To achieve and exceed New Business revenue targets. Territory: Southern California
- To identify and engage with End Users and Cabling System distributors within the IT, Telecoms, Electrical and Construction industries.
- To meet with End Users and distributors to present the Molex value proposition in order to achieve ‘specified manufacturer’ status on pre-project Structured Cabling specifications.
- Conduct market pricing analysis – competitive, strategic or alternate channel.
- Work with the sales and delivery team to ensure successful project delivery.
- Keep the organization informed of trends, opportunities, and customer requirements.
- In the absence of a local Marketing resource, sponsor and participate in product seminars and/or technical events. Works with other areas of the organization to provide technical (demos, spec reconciliation), operational (trials), and general support, as needed.
- Continuously train and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Control expenses with appropriate planning of meetings / travel.
- This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other additional tasks as required by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical major or related work experience
- 5+ years direct sales in the IT or Data Networking industry
- Advanced degree - MBA
- Direct SCS/IP Infrastructure/Physical Layer or EoIP system experience, selling/management/operations, Project Management
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to understand business issues, and trends, that impact Molex success.
- Good understanding of business metrics and data used in the market place and how it applies.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to effectively build relationships, respond positively to situations, and influence others.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and conduct effective presentations and delivery of message that fits the audience (customers and Molex personnel).
- Foster teamwork to manage conflicts, promote creativity, and resolve issues.
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
- Experience developing sales plans
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, set and achieve goals, show leadership / facilitation skills with a positive approach.
- Travel estimated up to 50% of time.