Business Development Manager Mid Atlantic Water Wastewater
About our client
Our client for the Business Development Manager – Mid Atlantic opportunity is with a global manufacturer of water treatment solutions. Their products include valves, seals, and piping for solutions in water, wastewater, dams, industrial, hydropower and more. This organization is a subsidiary of a billion dollar parent company, and in high growth mode. We are looking for strong sales hunter with an engineering background.
The Business Development Manager – Mid Atlantic will work from a home office in the Mid Atlantic area. The Business Development Manager – Mid Atlantic will travel50 - 60% of the time focusing on strategic growth within the region targeting customers in need of water treatment solutions. These solutions are highly engineered complex projects ranging from $3 to $10 million in revenue. Customers include end users, engineering firms, municipalities, distributors, and manufacturing reps. This person will have a strong inside sales and engineering support team at HQ. This Business Development Manager – Mid Atlantic will also be guiding the Regional Sales Managers from a strategic level.
- Identify and grow new business opportunities within the region with end users, engineering firms, municipalities, distributors, and manufacturing reps
- Manage key accounts and develop new strategic accounts through new business development
- Identify market needs, changing market conditions, and competitive advantages
- Support execution of new product development with internal teams.
- Lead negotiations for major projects including pricing, delivery, and terms and conditions
- Work with engineering firms and engineering consultants to define scope of work for project proposals
- Work with internal and external customers to accurately develop pipeline and forecasting, pricing, technical applications, etc.
- Travel50-60% within the territory
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical OR Electrical)
- Minimum 7years of technical manufacturing salesexperience
- Experience with valve, pumps, seals, water, wastewater, or similar preferred, but not required
- Proven sales track record identifying and closing business providing customer satisfaction and solutions
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external customers
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Strong leadership skills and drive to grow career
What’s on offer
Base salary, Uncapped Annual Bonus, Car Allowance, Phone, Computer, Credit Card, Benefits, 401K, Opportunity for growth within division and across other business units
Sales, business development, strategic, manufacturing, engineering, engineer, account manager, regional, territory, pumps, compressors, hydraulics, pneumatics, air, flow, food, beverage, industrial, medical, laboratory, printing, packaging, material handling, transportation, environment, environmental, seals, bearings, gaskets,