The Office Business Development team at Microsoft is responsible for identifying and executing strategic business development opportunities for Office 365. We propose, structure and execute strategic partnerships, which in the past has included leading ISVs such as Dropbox, Salesforce, Workday, Edmodo, and Trello.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive strategic business development activities for growing the Office 365 ISV ecosystem. This role will be responsible for the following key areas:
• Partner Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in development of business and product strategy, translate business and product strategy into a partner strategy, and identify partnerships that can grow our business including how we can accelerate our product roadmap through inorganic activities.
• Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations. Communicate with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk.
• Deal Execution: Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
• External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
• Industry Expertise: Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
Successful candidates will demonstrate these skills and qualifications:
• Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills
• Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences
• Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in both enterprise and consumer technology
• Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
• Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment
• Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal)
• Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
• Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and acquisitions is nice to have but not a requirement
• 5+ years of business experience in high-tech