The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for working with Mercury OEM partners, Security Engineering Consultants, Architects and Engineers, security integration channels, and strategically important end-users. The BDM will be accountable for educating these key contacts on Mercury’s product portfolio and evangelizing the Authentic Mercury open system philosophy.
Additionally, the BDM will assist in identifying, creating and capturing business opportunities for Mercury’s OEM business partners.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and executing a successful business development plan with Mercury OEM partners, security consultants, system integrators, and select end-users. This includes identifying key individuals in each of these area, educating each on
Mercury Security’s products, and developing a long-term business relationship as a trusted advisor. Also responsible for assisting in the identifying, qualifying and capturing of large or strategically important end-user opportunities, and supporting Mercury OEM’s and their integration channels throughout the sales process.
The Business Development Manager will report to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to educate consultants and partner integrators as well as represent Mercury at consultant and channel focused events hosted by Mercury OEM partners. Duties include, but may not be limited to: lunch and learn sessions, engagement with strategic end user accounts, drive awareness of the Mercury product portfolio and new offerings, and participation in Mercury OEM partner events. Other duties include:
- Be a role model for Mercury Security and philosophical approach in the security market
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing to develop and manage consultant and partner integrator channel activity
- Educating consultants and OEM partner integrators on Mercury’s product portfolio
- Drive awareness on Mercury’s open market strategy
- Maintain key relationships with consultants, OEM partner integrators and strategic end users
- Represent Mercury at OEM hosted partner events
- Drive revenue growth of Mercury through consultant relationships and influence
- Work closely with marketing team to develop and execute marketing initiatives
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- At least 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in the physical security industry.
- Established contacts and relationships with consultants, integrators and potential end user customers a plus.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and exceptional interpersonal skills with “C” suite.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with a specific sales methodology.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
The Business Development Manager will be expected to travel extensively. Such travel will have varying frequency depending on opportunities and eventschedules, but is expected to be about 50-70%. Othertravel includes participation at industry trade shows 2-3 times each year (in varying locations around North America), and occasional travel outside of the assigned territory.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to present themselves in a professional manner as a representative of Mercury Security. This includes strong written and verbal communication skills.
The position of Business Development Manager will be compensated with a base salary commensurate with experience and meeting the above requirements, a quarterly bonus based on objectives designed for relationship development and the overall company performance, and a benefits package.
- Position requires a significant amount of travel both air and land.
- Must be flexible and have an ability to execute at atypical times, usually early morning, and work late, when required, entertaining clients.
- Ability to communicate professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan your workload effectively.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.