The Business Development Manager will play a key leadership role in driving above market growth in the 80's auto collision segment by developing and executing near and long term growth strategies. This individual will lead the product and marketing management on the team and work collaboratively across functions and divisions.
Location for candidate to be based would require accessibility of air transportation.
- Provide strong leadership through targeted selling, core market expansion and customer back innovation of '80' end market opportunities, while displaying ability to articulate goals/direction with clarity, and work with/through the team to drive results.
- Work collaboratively across functions and divisions/departments in developing business opportunities to drive relevant business models, partnerships, and resource investments/alignment.
- Develops deep understanding for all aspects of the market. Performing and directing research to gain understanding. This will be the basis for building business plans, profit margin analysis, and business risk assessments that lead to sustainable profitable growth results for the segment.
- Identify, monitor, and research market conditions and trends for new business opportunities. Develop and execute action plans based on the findings/learnings to drive organic growth.
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLS, MRD, USa) to deliver customer success and monetizing profitable growth while making real the 80/20 strategic intent for the business.
- Provides strong leadership - always acts with integrity, lives/embodies the ITW values, creates a compelling visit for the business and aligns his/her team behind it. Takes ownership, addresses issues with courage, lead with an enterprise first perspective.
- Strategic thinking - develops and executes a compelling vision, effectively applying ITW enterprise growth framework, understands ITW's definition of sustainable differentiation and invests to create, build, and defend it. Recognizes the opportunity cost implications associated with strategic choices.
- Delivers results - finds or creates ways to measure performance against goals. Seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Strives for excellence in performance by surpassing established standards. Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting the job done.
- Proven ability to identify and develop talent/strong team.
- 30% travel will be required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with major course work in business, marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in business development, marketing, and/or sales leadership in the auto repair market.
- Has experienceworking with auto aftermarket manufacturing rep groups/agencies.
- Has experience with channel development and/or management.
- Strategic thinking and execution effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to express and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to manage complex projects and others
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations succinctly and accurately through oral and written communications.
- Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret data.
- Ability to perform research studies from start to finish.
- Highly motivated with the ability to solve problems operating under minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office products with emphasis in Excel and Word
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to prepare and effectively present a business plan.
- Ability to analyze operating, capital and cash flow pro-formas and budgets.